Don’t let the fireworks be the ONLY poppin’ at your 4th of July party!
Next Thursday is July 4. And there will be lots of celebration and fireworks going on outside your house.
But, why not ensure the party is POPPIN’ inside as well by inviting the kiddos into the kitchen and throwing together these easy, delicious, and nutritious collagen-infused raspberry PB & J poppers!
According to a study done by the The Berry Health Benefits Network:
Red Raspberries contain strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid. They are high in ellagic acid, a known chemopreventative, and have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
So when you put the healing power of collagen together with a low-inflammatory fruit like Raspberries, you get a tart treat that’s a low glycemic low in calories, and will help keep the party in your body going all night long!
Note: your kids will love these poppers! More info around kids + collagen here:
This recipe makes 6 servings
- 2 Scoops CB Supplements Multi Collagen Powder
- ½ cup Powdered Peanut Butter (I used Organic PBFit, but you can use any that doesn’t contain a bunch of extra sugars or oils )
- 1-2 TBSP water
- 2 cups Organic Raspberries
- 1 Quart-sized Ziploc Baggie
- *Optional: 1-2 Tbsp Alternative Sweetener like Swerve
- In a colander, wash raspberries and set aside
- In a quart-sized Ziploc baggie add nut powder & collagen, zip, and shake.
- Tilt mixture toward the corner of the bag
- Add water a little at a time and work it into the mixture until consistency is like that of a thick frosting.
- Snip the tip of the bag, and pipe mixture into raspberries and serve immediately, or place in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- ENJOY and snap a photo of your culinary masterpiece!
- Calories: 61
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbs: 11.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Net Carbs: 8.3g
- Fats: 0.9g
- You can mix the ingredients in a bowl scoop them into your baggie or a proper piping bag if you have one
- Also, raspberries tend breakdown in extreme heat, so I’d keep these indoors or serve immediately to avoid them getting too mushy!
- You can easily make this with a few Tablespoons of a Nut Butter of your choosing. Just steer clear from ‘no-stir’ versions and look for ones that without a bunch of extra sugar or oils.
- You can freeze these little gems and have them as a frozen treat for up to 3 months