Is there anything better than French Toast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
The answer is, ‘No’.
And we can confirm that our gluten-free, keto-friendly French Toast is all the rage.
French Toast is typically made of thick slices of bread, soaked in a mixture of beaten eggs with milk and cinnamon, toasted in a frying pan, served with butter and syrup, and is one of the most flavorful and indulgent meals.
Well, CB Supplements is here to bring you all the flavor without the need for bread…..say what?!?! Yes, you heard that correctly. No need for bread.
The key: Stevia Powdered Sugar
The key to this French Toast collagen recipe is Stevia powdered sugar. But, you may be wondering, what exactly is stevia?
The stevia plant has been used for thousands of years and is commonly referred to as a sweet herb. Stevia is also about 200-250 times sweeter than sugar and therefore a little bit goes a long way. And you might be telling yourself, “This is too good to be true”, well, it is true and there are some amazing benefits.
3 Benefits of Stevia
- If you need to control blood sugar, stevia has little to no effect on blood sugar. This study shows how consuming stevia helps control blood sugar and insulin levels after eating. If you have ever felt a crash a few hours after eating, stevia might be your new go-to. Besides, who wants to crash after breakfast. 🙂
- Added sugar leads to a 13 percent increase in calories for the average diet. This means you will be able to use stevia, a 0 calorie extract, to help control unwanted calories and help lead to weight loss. Soooooo, I can eat French Toast and lose weight? Yes, yes you can.
- Some studies show that stevia extract can help improve cholesterol levels. A study found that stevia could help decrease overall cholesterol, reduce bad LDL cholesterol, and potentially increase good HDL cholesterol.
So, it can help regulate blood sugar, lose weight, and improve cholesterol? Yes, and now for this French Toast recipe using collagen!
Note: all our flavored multi collagen supplements use Stevia.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 4 scoops Unflavored Multi-Collagen Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Stevia Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 8 Whole Eggs (or 4 eggs, and 1 cup egg whites for leaner)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Swerve with 2 Tbsp Raspberries or Blueberries
- 1-2 Tbsp Almond Butter or Peanut Butter (thinned out with 1 Tbsp Almond or Cashew Milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp swerve and 1 dash salt)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for just over a minute until smooth.
- Spray a 7×11 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until it’s golden brown on the top.
- Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup or lower sugar option, Coconut Nectar, sprinkle of powdered Swerve and berries, or add Almond Butter on top for a little extra protein and fat.
- Store any leftovers (ha, never any in our house) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, reheat in microwave.
Nutritional Value (substituting egg whites)
- Calories: 314 (269)
- Protein: 19.6g (18.6g)
- Fat: 25.9g (20.9g)
- Carbs: 3.3g (2.3g)
- Fiber: 0g (0g)
- Sugar: 3.3g (2.3g)