I Dream of Chocolate!
According to Dream Astro Meanings:
Chocolate is a symbol of love, happiness, relaxation, joy, optimism, and good times. Dreams about chocolate often indicate indulging yourself in reality. Possibly you have been going through a difficult and stressful period lately, and the dream is a way for your subconscious to relax you during sleep.DreamAstroMeanings.com
But seriously though, do you dream of CHOCOLATE too?
Well this smoothie is the perfect way to jump out your dreams and into a beautiful (delicious) reality!
A bar of dark chocolate with 70–85% cocoa contains:
- fiber (keeps you full)
- iron (helps you feel strong)
- magnesium (regulates muscle function throughout the body, including your heart, so it helps with regulating blood pressure)
- copper (helps maintain healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves, and immune function)
- manganese (helps with protein and amino acid digestion and utilization, as well as the metabolism of cholesterol and carbohydrates)
- potassium (bye bye cramps)
Our American palates have become accustomed to a super sugary version of this long-time-lover. But there’s a better way to enjoy the taste and health benefits!
Enter this CHOCOLATE COLLAGEN SMOOTHIE!
It combines the yummy flavor of chocolate with delightful richness of coconut milk, amped up by the creaminess of the avocado and cauliflower.
But beyond DELICIOUS, It also adds a bunch of filling fiber without jacking with the taste or adding a whole bunch of extra carbs, fat, or calories. AND by using a combination of frozen and shelf sustainable elements it’s super convenient for busy moms and working adults who may not always have fresh ingredients at the ready too! (smoothies in general are a great way to take collagen)
Give’er a whirl and let us know what you think!
Also, we know you like chocolate (since you’re here), so checkout our Mint Chocolate Collagen Smoothie Recipe.
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp pure cacao powder
- 1 heaping scoop CB Supplements Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- ¼-½ medium avocado
- 2-3 Tbsp full fat canned coconut
- TOPPINGS: 1 Tsp cacao nibs, coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, or hemp seeds
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend for 1-1.5 minutes. (The longer you blend the more you’ll activate the thickening agents from the chia seeds.)
- Top your own personal blend of cacao nibs, chopped walnuts, coconut flakes and/or hemp seeds.
- Calories: 385g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbs: 24g
- Fiber: 12g
- Net Carbs: 12g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Feel free to lighten this one up a bit with a less caloric ‘nut milk’, like unsweetened Almond, Cashew, or a lighter 45 calorie coconut.
- If you are needing some help with your morning constitutional, add a scoop of fiber like Psyllium Husk (it’s the main ingredient in Citrucel and Metamucil, just without all the additives) BONUS: it makes your smoothie CRAZY thick!