Healthy meets YUM!
I just like a little ‘zhuzh’ in everything from my wardrobe, to my furniture, to my smoothies.
Variety is the spice of life, but anchoring yourself in tried and true basic, and layering spice on top of it is far less intimidating and way more economical.
I like grounding myself in something solid. Like a black shirt and white sofa or a chocolate protein powder PLUS CB Supplements collagen. THEN, adding a little flair with a tulle skirt, a fringe pillow, or (wait for it), cauliflower rice and mint.
That’s right, didn’t see the cauliflower rice coming did ya?
The mint and chocolate combo masks any hint of cauliflower and the chia seeds thicken her up while giving you a MUCH coveted boost of Omega-3 fatty acids and dietary filling fiber (10g in one 2 tbsp serving)!
Here’s why chia seeds rule:
About 75% of the fats in chia seeds consist of the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), while about 20% consist of omega-6 fatty acids.Healthline.com
Also, Cauliflower rice is an extremely powerful ingredient to a smoothie — and here’s why. according to Medical News Today:
Cauliflower is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins…provides antioxidants and phytonutrients …contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, and choline that is essential for learning and memory.Medical News Today
Will kids like it? If they can get past the chia seeds, I think so (just convince them the seeds are the cacao nibs :)). Remember, kids are at a crucial stage of life where their bodies use the nutrients from food consumed to build strong bones and joints, and support fully-functioning internal organs like the intestines, heart, and lungs.
More about Kids & Collagen.
Try this smoothie recipe yourself and when you find that it’s delicious, share a sip the kiddos. It has everything needed to help you build strong, happy, healthy bodies. Remember, smoothies (in general) are an easy way to take collagen peptides!
Also, we know you like chocolate (since you’re here), so checkout this dreamy Chocolate Collagen Recipe.
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond, Cashew or Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop CB Supplements Multi Collagen Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Serving Chocolate Protein Powder (Whey or Pea)
- ½ cup Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- ½ Tbsp Mint Extract
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs
- OPTIONAL 2-3 sprigs of fresh Mint
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp Maple Syrup or Alternative Sweetener (Swerve, Stevia, Monk Fruit)
- Put all ingredients into the blender, and blend on HIGH for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add additional nut milk to achieve desired thickness
- Pour into a cup, add cacao nibs and a sprig of mint for color.
- Calories: 354
- Protein: 42g
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbs: 16.9g
- Fiber: 12.3g
- Net Carbs: 4.6g
- Sugar: 0.6g
- If you are watching your calories, you can reduce the chia seeds to 1 Tbsp and leave out the cacao nibs