Who needs Popeye’s or Chic-Fil-a when you’ve got this?!?
This is gonna be a new favorite of mine! Tender chicken with sweet & crunchy green beans?! Yusssssss!!!
So addicting! This can be modified for a proper 5:1, paleo, low carb, keto-friendly skillet chicken recipe! It is crayy easy to prep and cook. The chicken and green beans are cooked in one skillet for easy prep and clean up! The flavor makes my tastebuds #swoon! AND nutritionally is on POINT with balanced FIBER (keeps me full ), FAT (transports nutrients and makes my brain work), COLLAGEN/AMINOS/PROTEIN (builds muscle, heals my gut, gives me hair that would make a My Little Pony jealous), and GREENS (gives me vitamins/minerals/and roughage for regularity that’s better than my grandpa’s Metamucil).
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into 1inch cubes (the thighs are more fatty and tender than breasts #bless)
- 1 pound green beans, (trimmed if not using the fancy kind)
- 3 tablespoons Grassfed butter, divided or (ghee for paleo/whole30 diet)
- 1 (+) 3 scoops CB Supplements Collagen (dissolved in ¼ water)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika & onion powder, salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken BONE BROTH
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (or dried if that’s all you have…#noshameskillet)
2. Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup water. Cook in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
6. In the same skillet as the chicken, melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add collagen, bone broth, lemon juice, chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes and allow to reduce slightly. (The collagen will act as a thickener similar to cornstarch) for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened, add green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the beans are cooked to your liking.
Don't skip the ‘stir’. Dissolving/Stirring up the Collagen in water before adding it to the pan is SUPER important. It will clump and get sticky without taking just a sec to do this part.
Get more Collagen Recipes
I release about one new collagen recipe a week! Until next time.
Calories: 323 Protein: 38g Fat: 14g Carbs: 10.4g Fiber: 4.6 g Net Carbs: 5.8g Sugar: 1.7g