I go to Starbucks, sometimes.
(Don’t judge me…actually, judge me if you dare.)
When i go I normally get a Trenta (30oz iced black coffee and a Trenta iced water). The cups are huge and I hate just throwing them away after 1 use!
Whenever I can I try to save these cups for future use such as smoothies/shakes on the run, or going to places like the beach where I can’t necessarily wash them out. For all you ‘green’ purest out there, I am sure that this isn’t as green as solution as you would recommend, but for me it’s a step in the direction of trying to recycle and reuse.
I digress, onto this delicious PB Collagen Smoothie!
Have you ever tried adding spinach to your shake? No joke add a cup and a half and you can’t even taste it!
By throwing in this mild leafy green you are beefing up your shake with calcium, Vitamins A & C, fiber, folic acid, and other nutrients.
It also helps to lower damaging protein levels in the blood and can maintain cardiovascular health. AND like many leafy green vegetables, spinach is loaded with potent antioxidants, which are important for normal skin cell development and encourage a healthy skin tone.
Other outstanding benefits of spinach for the skin include an increase in the production of collagen (vegetables DO NOT contain collagen), which helps to strengthen the capillaries for a smoother even skin tone — reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
The vitamin A in spinach can also help your skin retain moisture to fight against dryness and acne. GuideDoc Health
When you combine that with the multi collagen in CB Supplements, you have a protein packed powerhouse that’s sure to make your gut, skin, hair, nails, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments feel all the good feels! (see all of collagen’s benefits)
- 1-1.5 cups ice cubes
- 1-2 cups water (depending on how thick I want it that day)
- 1x scoop vanilla protein shake (I like Optavia, but you can choose a similar Protein Powder that has around 100 cals/10 Net Carbs per scoop)
- 1x heaping scoop of CB Supplements Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 1-2 tbsp PB2
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1.5-2 cups Spinach
- 5 drops English Toffee Stevia (or other herb-based alternative sweetener)
- Add Ice, then water, powders, hemp seeds, then spinach, stevia
- Blend on high for about 1 min or until desired consistency
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Net Carbs: 12g
- Sugar: 8.3g
- If you aren’t used to having fresh spinach in your fridge for fear of not using it and/or it going bad, start with frozen. You can get loose leaf spinach in the frozen section and have a peaceful easy feeling without feeling pressure to use it or lose it!
- If you are super active and need a bit of additional protein or healthy fats, you can substitute Powdered Peanut Butter for the real thing, or an alternative nut butter like almond or cashew
- Not all Protein Powders are made alike. You need one with significant flavor for any green shake to work. I like Optavia shakes because they are balanced with 110 calories, 10g protein per serving and super flavorful. Some are intentionally highly caloric because some people need the extra calories for ‘gains’, so depending on your health goals you may want to stick with powders 150 or less calories with at least 10g protein and no more than 10 net carbs per scoop.
- If you would like a clean labeled powder for a great price, I’d recommend RSP TrueFit . “It is GRASS-FED PROTEIN WITH PROBIOTICS and contains 25g of grass-fed whey protein, 5g of naturally occurring branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), and 1 billion CFU Probiotics, making it a complete source for your meal replacement, post-workout, and protein shake”
- If you are more price conscious, I recently tried Publix Greenwise Vanilla and while its only 80 calories per scoop and has a moderate amount of protein, the flavor wasn’t really there. However, when I added a few extra drops of stevia it really helped bring it to life. So if you are calorie and price conscious that may be a great choice with which to start.
Like this smoothie? See all of our delicious (and healthy) collagen smoothie & shake recipes.