Coconut and Collagen are my Constant Companions
I don’t know if it’s because everyone is talking about Fall or if I’m hoping usher it in sooner by playing around with these delectable warm beverages, but I’ve been totally obsessed with all things mug-worthy and coconut.
My palate isn’t super refined or sophisticated, so when I ran across a few recipes that included coconut and a few exotic ingredients, it gave me a chance to stretch my taste buds without investing in an entire meal.
This Coconut Collagen Turmeric Latte, made with CB Supplements unflavored multi collagen protein powder, is SOOOOO silky warm, sipping it feels like Barry White serenading your lips, mouth, throat and stomach — it’s THAT creamy-smooth. The Cinnamon and Nutmeg add a familiar toasty feel and pair well with the mildly aromatic ginger/orange flavors of Turmeric and stronger tasting spicy citrus of Cardamom.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can modify it based on your nutritional needs. So, for instance, you can swap out the FULL fat coconut milk for LITE, or go SUPER light and us the unsweetened 45 calorie version. It’s important to note, however, that if you make this modification, it will feel more like Justin Bieber serenading you than Barry White. (Still a stellar performer, just not as silky smooth)
THIS latte also includes a heaping serving of collagen powder. I am a HUGE collagen fan because when I lost 70lbs in 7 months my hair started to fall out. (I was actually SPRAYING color onto my scalp to hide the balding). I tried EVERYTHING to help it grow, but nothing worked until I met my new boo, collagen. Increasing collagen consumption has been shown to help the cells in our skin, hair and nails to repair (see collagen benefits), thus contributing to smoother and firmer skin, healthier nails, and fuller hair.*
*No, collagen does not cure baldness, if it did, we would be billionaires.
- 3 scoops CB Supplements unflavored multi collagen powder
- 1x 15-16oz can FULL FAT Coconut Milk, or Lite, or Boxed
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond or Cashew Milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2-3 Packs Monk fruit or other herb-based alternative sweetener
- DASH Pink Himalayan Salt
- PINCH Cardamom & Nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients into electric kettle, whisk, and heat
- Add a dash of cinnamon over the top for a little color
- Calories: 199
- Protein: 8.9g
- Fat: 15.6g
- Carbs: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Net Carbs: 3.1g
- Sugar: 1.9g
- If you don’t have an electric kettle or just prefer using the stove top, you can combine all ingredients into a small pot, whisk, and heat to just below boiling.
- Cardamom is a VERY strong flavor. Be sure to use it very sparingly to avoid an overpowering aroma…..seriously, a little goes a LONG way