If you haven’t heard, Collagen makes up about 35% of our whole bodies!
It’s present in your skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments, and gut. As we age, we make less and less naturally (wha whaaaa). That’s why sneaking some in wherever you can, can give you body that extra UMPH its been needing! See Collagen College™
CB Supplements multi collagen is a clean of a product as they come! It’s a great source of collagen, protein, AND Essential Amino Acids your body needs to rebuild those muscles you’ve been slayin-all-day for too!
Coffee (see Collagen Coffee Recipe) is the EASIEST way to add it, but I wanted to try adding it to a mildly sweet treat that would feel like an indulgence but not ruin my health goals!
Enter my new bestie…The Collagen Macaroon!
Are you looking at this and thinking, ‘she misspelled Macaron’? You’re not alone! I thought I did too!
In my research though, I found there are Macarons and Macaroons! Macarons have a delicate egg-like crust with a with a meringue inner filling. Macaroons are coconut based and have a more lumpy, chewy texture and (sans THIS recipe) traditionally more sweet than it’s cousin the Macaron.
Since I don’t bake that often I thought I’d try out a recipe for a more ‘homey’ and easy to execute, Macaroon!
- 1/2 cup CB Supplements Multi Collagen Powder
- 3 cups shredded or coconut flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp grassfed butter, melted (I like KerryGold)
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt (1 additional tsp to top before baking)
- 2 mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, pulse coconut until granular.
- Add in CB Supplements Collagen and pulse a couple times to incorporate
- Add eggs, butter, swerve, salt and continue pulsing until combined and a sticky dough forms
- Using an Ice Cream or Cookie scoop, scoop out 12 balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little Pink Himalayan salt a top all cookies (seriously, just a little)
- Bake around 14 minutes or until just browned on the top and around the edges
- Sprinkle a little raw coconut over the top as you allow them to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- If Vanilla isn’t your jam, you can flavor them using dry flavorings, such as dried, ground zest from lime, lemon or orange.