Who needs Popeyes or Chic-Fil-a when you’ve got this?!?
This is gonna be a new favorite of mine! Tender chicken with sweet & crunchy green beans?! Yusssssss!!!
So addicting! This can be modified for a proper 5:1, Paleo, low carb, Keto-friendly skillet chicken recipe! It is crazy easy to prep and cook. The chicken and green beans are cooked in one skillet for easy prep and clean up! The flavor makes my taste-buds #swoon! AND nutritionally is on POINT with balanced FIBER (keeps me full ), FAT (transports nutrients and makes my brain work), COLLAGEN/AMINOS/PROTEIN (builds muscle, heals my gut, gives me hair that would make a My Little Pony jealous), and GREENS (gives me vitamins/minerals/and roughage for regularity that’s better than my grandpa’s Metamucil).
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into 1 inch cubes (the thighs are more fatty and tender than breasts #bless)
- 1 pound green beans (trimmed if not using the fancy kind)
- 3 tablespoons Grassfed butter, divided or (ghee for Paleo/Whole30 diet)
- 1 (+) 3 scoops CB Supplements Multi-Collagen (dissolved in ¼ water)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika & onion powder, salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken BONE BROTH
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (or dried if that’s all you have…#noshameskillet)
- In a small bowl or plastic bag, combine 1 scoop Collagen, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
- Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup water. Cook in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat (you’ll be tempted to rush this with a higher heat, but if you do the chicken thighs/breast will toughen up… So take your time with this part).
- Add thighs to skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes. If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Cut a couple thicker pieces to ensure chicken fully cooked, showing no pink). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add 3 scoops collagen to bone broth. Stir, let sit, stir, let sit, stir (and repeat) until Collagen is fully incorporated and No clumps appear.
- In the same skillet as the chicken, melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add collagen, bone broth, lemon juice, chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes and allow to reduce slightly. (The collagen will act as a thickener similar to cornstarch) for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened, add green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the beans are cooked to your liking.
- Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Season with salt & pepper and serve immediately. Add some with crushed chili pepper, fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you want to make is pretty!
Don’t skip the ‘stir’. Dissolving/Stirring up the Collagen in water before adding it to the pan is SUPER important.
It will clump and get sticky without taking just a sec to do this part.