I dream of beef…no really.
I actually dream of beef.
I love everything from tantalizing tar-tar to a richly marbled ribeye. But my love for meat goes beyond just it’s glorious taste.
Beef is POWER PACKED with all the nine essential amino acids you need to consume in order to build and rebuild every cell in your body, including neurotransmitters in your brain. When those transmitters are off, it can lead to depression or anxiety (and I don’t know about you, but I need all the happy feels I can get.)
What happens when we need all that beef has to offer, but are watching portion sizes to achieve other health goals? Simple, you add CB Supplements Multi-Collagen to your dish! Like beef, CB Supplements Collagen Powder is POWER PACKED with reparative Amino Acids (see the benefits of collagen), BUT without hefty calorie and fat counts found in beef.
This modified Mongolian Beef and Cauliflower Rice recipe is an easy way to make a traditionally high carb/high sugar dish more nutritious without sacrificing the delicious.
The Collagen not only adds protein and amino acids, it acts as a thickening agent in place of high carb cornstarch or arrowroot powder and gives the beef a delightfully salty and satisfying texture.
I also exchanged Coconut Aminos for traditional Soy Sauce to cut down on salt and avoid MSGs and replaced brown sugar with Low-Glycemic Swerve.
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp + ¼ cup CB Supplements Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Beef Bone Broth
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tbsp Swerve
- 2 tsp minced or grated ginger (or 1 tsp powdered)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-3 tsp of red pepper flakes (to your heat preferences)
- 1-2 green onions sliced for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- Heat Oil on medium Heat
- Heat Cauliflower Rice as per instructions on bag.
- In the meantime, add In a large ziplock bag add the sliced flank steak and 3 Tbsp CB Supplements collagen powder.
- Once pan is heated, add the steak in a single layer and cook on each side for ONLY a minute until the edges just start to brown. (*Note: DO NOT OVER COOK. The meat will become super tough if you cook too long)
- Once the steak is cooked, remove and set aside on a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine bone broth, coconut aminos, swerve, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Medium, Add the steak to the sauce and allow the sauce to thicken ONLY for a couple of minutes.
- Toss with the chopped green onions and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Spoon 1.5 Cups cauliflower rice into each bowl and distribute meat evenly over the top. Add more pepper flakes and green onions to garnish.