Tuesday nights aren’t just for Tacos!
Buffalo Chicken, onions, tomatoes, basil, on top of CB Supplements Collagen-Infused Cauliflower Flatbread!
I know. My mind was blown too. Legit if I saw these on the menu at a restaurant I would order them. Eat them! Tell my friends about them… And then go back the next day and order them again.
It’s essentially chicken I slow cooked in a pan, tossed in buffalo sauce (and actually threw in an extra scoop of collagen powder into the buffalo sauce), chopped up a little bit of an onion, tomato, basil, mozzarella, avocado and Parmesan and piled all of it on top of a collagen-cauliflower flatbread I have made two weeks prior and been storing in the freezer.
I just pulled them out and reheated them at 350° for about seven minutes, flip them out of the toppings on top and put them back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes and voila…straight up high-protein, low-carb, low glycemic, lean and Green deliciousness. (if you’re doing Paleo or whole 30 he could just leave off the cheese or find a plant substitute. 🙂
Health doesn’t have to look so boring. Or tasteless or colorless. We just need to rethink how we make things, in order make our bodies feel good! (see collagen benefits)
From fresh 20-22 min, from frozen 10 min
This recipe makes 4-8 servings
- ½ Cup CB Supplements Grass Fed Multi Collagen Powder
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt
- 9×13 baking sheet
- Parchment paper or a non-stick silpat mat
Buffalo Chicken Toppings
- 1lb Cage Free Chicken chopped into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ Cup Pure Hot or Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp (+) 1 Tbsp Grassfed Butter
- ½ cup Red Onion, diced
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 1-2 Tbsp Fresh Basil or Spinach, ribboned
This recipe is super simple! So don’t overthink it!
I wouldn’t try it without parchment paper or a silpat mat. It makes flipping the flatbreads when baking a 100x easier and you won’t have to worry about them sticking to the pan!
- Add 1 tbsp grassfed butter to medium heat pan
- Add chopped chicken to pan Note: The slower you cook this the more juicy and tender the chicken will be. (you can start this and moved the cauliflower crust while it’s cooking)
- Every few minutes toss the chicken around to be sure that all sides are cooked through. (6-8 min)
- Add buffalo sauce and 1 Tbsp butter to pan.
- Toss chicken around until evenly coated.
- Remove from heat so the chicken doesn’t become overly dry and Set aside for flatbreads
Collagen Cauliflower Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a 9×13 baking sheet pan with either parchment paper or a reusable silpat mat.
- Microwave (in bag or bowl) Cauliflower for 3-6 min (until tender) and let cool slightly.
- Place cooked cauliflower into food processor and pulse until fine like flour.
- Add cheese, eggs, and spices, and pulse until ‘dough- like’ consistency.
- Scoop out all the dough onto your parchment-linked baking sheet.
- Start from the center and carefully pat out the mixture across the whole pan. The thinner you make them the more crispy they will be. *be sure there are no holes, as it will mean your toppings will fall out…cuz…ya’ know…holes.)
- If freezing them for later, bake for 12 min. Remove, then cut into 6-8 (the number depends on the size Flatbread you want) And then let them cool and store between sheets of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag. To reheat just set the oven at 375 and cook for 4 min, flip add toppings and cook for another 4-5 or until ingredients are melted.
- If using them immediately, just cut as instructed above, flip them, add chickens, cheese, onions and tomatoes, and bake for another 4-5 min.
- Pull them out and let cool, add basil/spinach, Parmesan, and Avocado and serve!
For crispy flatbread, when you remove the cauliflower from the microwave place it into a cheesecloth and drain the water. It takes a little extra time, but if crispiness is important to you, it will be worth it!
Flatbreads (6 servings)
- Calories 117 kcal
- Protein 15gl
- Carb 6.4g
- Fiber 3.4g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 3.7g