Until recently I thought chia seeds existed for the sole purpose of sprouting hair on clay figure heads.
(Just this Christmas I saw a Series of Golden Girls heads and ALMOST bought all of them!)
They were so FUN to play with and watch grow. WHO KNEW they packed a powerful nutrient punch too?!
Chia seeds are not only high in fiber but also contain healthy fats and help absorb water. They can hence help treat constipation and trigger your daily constitutional. Pair that with the restorative work of CB Supplements Collagen to form connective tissue in the lining of the digestive system that maintains digestive health, and you’ve got ‘power-couple’ breakfast reminiscent of old school ‘Brad and Jennifer’.
- 14 oz. canned coconut milk (light, or even the non-sweetened 35 calorie version. It will far less rich in texture, fat, and calories)
- 4 heaping scoops CB Supplements Grass Fed Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 6 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 -5 drops ‘SweetLeaf’ English Toffee Stevia (or brand/flavor of your choosing)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. fresh berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and/or Raspberries), chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine the coconut milk, CB Supplements Collagen Powder, chia seeds, stevia, and vanilla extract in a Large Mason Jar, close and shake until fully mixed
- Put into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- It should keep for up to 5 days
- Before serving: squeeze lemon juice over berries. (let sit for just a few minutes to soften), then toss or if you want to make a parfait, layer in the berries.
- Optional Toppings: unsweetened coconut flakes, slivered almonds, or even some Peanut or Almond Butter if you are jonesin for a PB & J w/out the bread.