I’m not normally a big fan of salads.
I’ve had too many dates where the spinach got lodged up in my gums, or the lettuce was cut so large that it wouldn’t fit in my mouth and took a tumble down the front of my outfit and on to the floor, or they’ve been the all party and flavor at the top and bland central as you reach the bottom.
My other problem is that most dressing totally jack with my macros for the day….and I repeat…its for a salad.
But I had one from the Phoenix Airport in 2016 that’s stuck in my memory as one of the BEST I’ve ever had. The thing that made this salad so awesome was that it had 5 greens, protein, and toppings that were chopped so fine, every bite got a little of something. It was tossed in a creamy but heavy ranch dressing.
I thought it might be fun to try to recreate and make it a little more nutrient balanced with a light and delicious protein packed CB Supplements Collagen Dressing!
But why would I add collagen to my dressing? Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It is the major component of connective tissues that make up several body parts, including tendons, ligaments, skin and muscles. As we age, we start to produce less and less naturally.
According to an article on Healthline.com:
Taking collagen supplements has been shown to reduce inflammation and stimulate collagen synthesis in the body. This may help promote pain relief for people with joint disorders such as osteoarthritis.Healthline
So, to keep the creeks at bay you may want to start taking a few scoops daily to receive all the wonderful benefits of collagen.
Fun fact: did you know collagen can help your live detox from alcohol?
About 4-7 cups, enough for 4-5 salads
This delightfully light and Creamy Collagen Concoction yogurt is super easy to make, is yummy AF and great on just about anything, even grilled meats!
- 2 Cups Raw Spinach (chopped fine)
- 1-2 Cups Raw Broccoli (chopped fine)
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce (chopped fine)
- 8-12 slices Non-nitrate Roasted Deli Turkey (chopped fine)
- 2oz Dried Italian Salami (chopped fine)
- 6-8 Marinated Artichokes (add a lovely creamy texture)
- 20 Almonds (sliced thin)
- 1 cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- Additional Options: 1 Cup Cabbage (chopped fine), 1 Cup Radicchio (Chopped fine), 1-2 Sliced Haas Avocados, 2-4 oz Goat Cheese or Feta
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk or low-fat Greek yogurt (fat content dependent on your goals)
- 3 Scoops CB Supplements Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 packet Raw Stevia or Monk Fruit1 teaspoon minced garlic (= about 2 cloves)
- 1/3 cup Cold Pressed Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper
Here’s the easy part:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
The dressing keeps well for 3-4 days. Stir before serving as some of the ingredients may have separated while resting in the fridge.