Football, Chicken Dip, and Collagen OH MY!
The season is upon us where we gather in living rooms and outdoor kitchens across this great land of ours to celebrate the great American pastime that is Football!
Why not do yourself and your guests a favor, the next time you gather together to raise your Orange and Blue, or Garnett and Gold foam fingers and whip up this Warm, Yummy, Chicken Dip for you and your guests?
This dip is warm, tangy, has a great combination of flavor, heat, and saltiness. I suggest serving it with a mild, but crisp veggie like sliced zucchini. But you can also use something stronger that still pairs well with the buffalo flavors like yellow/red/green peppers, celery, or cucumbers. If you have some picky-non-veggie eaters (bless) I’d recommend picking up some gluten-free crackers or a new favorite of mine, cauliflower crackers.
Just one of the benefits of collagen is the amazing recovery properties that give your bodies what is needs to repair the damage from an intense workout, or even just the daily grind of everyday life! (like football parties)
We work hard to grow our muscles stronger, but what are we doing to strengthen/repair those things we call tendons and ligaments that connect our muscles and bones? Well, unless you are routinely eating organ meats, drinking bone broth on the regular, or taking daily doses of a delicious collagen supplement that just so happens to have a CB Supplements logo on it, you are doing very little for your tendons and ligaments.
So why not build your body strong like the athletes we’ll be cheering on this season! You are winner too!! Feed you, your family, and friends like the CHAMPIONS you are!
- 1 WHOLE Rotisserie chicken (debonded, meat shredded)
- ⅓ cup CB Supplements Multi Collagen Powder
- ½-1 (4-8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened *(dairy-free alternative: kite hill almond cream for those on paleo/whole30)
- ½ -1 cup red hot sauce (amount dependent on heat/taste preferences)
- 1 packets (for a more intense ‘ranch flavor’ you can
- ¼-½ cup crumbled bleu cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup sour cream/Greek yogurt, optional for added creaminess
- Chopped Green Onions or Chives for Garnish
- Cut Veggies for Serving: Zucchini, Celery, Peppers, Cucumbers, or gluten-free or cauliflower-based crackers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients until blended, then spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Serve warm with veggies or gluten-free/cauliflower crackers.
- Alternative: I layered sliced zucchini on parchment paper, used a small melon baller to scoop out a dollop of (leftover) chicken dip onto each round, (you can use a small spoon or put the dip in a gallon plastic bag and cut a corner and squeeze the mixture out) and topped it with a thimble of hard goat cheese (you can use blue cheese, mozzarella, manchego, really any cheese you want, I’d just use a little to give it that crispy bite at the top). I popped them in the oven on BROIL for about 5 minutes. Just watch for the cheese to get a little crispy. You can top with green onions or chives and red pepper flakes for a little extra color/flavor.
- For a more intense ‘ranch flavor’ you can add an additional ranch packet, or some additional dill, garlic powder, and/or onion powder.
- You can bake your own chicken, but I’d suggest making things easy on yourself and pick up $5-7 Rotisserie Chicken, removing the meat and shredding/chopping it up.