Start your day with a Healthy Holiday Latte!
As we round the corner toward Thanksgiving, I’ve been thinking about those things for which I’m most grateful. True confessions, coffee was one of the first things that popped into my head after normal things like (my faith, family, and friends…I’m not a total robot).
But really, while I’m not a coffee connoisseur, truly I’m super grateful for the blessing of the coffee bean!
It’s had mixed reviews from medical professionals over the years, but recent articles, like this one from Harvard Health Publishing, indicate that a few daily doses of coffee isn’t only NOT harmful, it actually has some significant health benefits! (to which I say, ‘DUH’. I know my friends and family are better off when I drink coffee)
In a June 2016 report, the WHO officially lifted coffee from the list of potentially carcinogenic foods.
And the WHO is not the only organization to include coffee in its list of foods that are probably harmless and possibly healthy.
The 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (commissioned by the secretaries of the US Department of Health and Human Services and the US Department of Agriculture) thoroughly reviewed the evidence and declared that “moderate coffee consumption” (3-5 cups per day) can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern.
Fall Seasonal Flavor
The world’s ONLY Pumpkin Multi Collagen Protein Powder!
So while the jury of medical professionals may still be out, I can speak for me and mine, that I am better with a little cup a joe to start my morning. Which is WHY I wanted to play with another variation of this crowd favorite in time for Thanksgiving.
Why not kick off the holiday cooking preparations with a nutrient rich Pumpkin Pie Latte? Its warm, filling, decadent, and with a couple scoops of gut-healing (collagen maintains digestive health) CB Supplements Multi Collagen it will help prepare your digestive tract for the festive meal of which you are about to partake!
Also, if you love hot drinks, check out all our collagen drink recipes — especially our collagen and coffee recipe. If you’d like to stick with lattes, don’t miss our collagen latte recipes.
- 2 scoops CB Supplements Unflavored Multi Collagen Powder
- 1 cups reduced fat canned coconut (*see notes)
- 1 cup boxed unsweetened coconut or almond milk (or 2 cups if you are omitting the canned milk above)
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons alternative sweetener like monkfruit, stevia or swerve
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup hot brewed Easy Espresso
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and ground nutmeg (garnish)
- Small Dash of Pink Himalyan Salt (trust me, you’ll thank me)
- (Optional: 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder for an amplified ‘PIE’ flavor/texture)
- Combine all ingredients into electric kettle, whisk, and heat.
- Add a dash of pumpkin spice or nutmeg over the top for a little color.
- Calories: 156
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Carbs: 10.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Net Carbs: 9.1g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- If you don’t have an electric kettle or just prefer using the stove top, you can combine all ingredients into a small pot, whisk, and heat to just below boiling.
- Coconut Milk: I used Trader Joe’s reduced fat coconut milk to make it a bit more creamy than if I was to use 100% of the ‘45 cal per cup’ version in the carton. I also didn’t want it to be so incredibly heavy so I didn’t use full fat coconut milk. But these are variations you can play with depending on your health goals.