Have you ever said this:
I LOVE what Collagen is doing for my hair, skin, nails, gut health and workout recovery time, but I need some more ideas (beyond coffee) of how to incorporate it into my daily routine?
Well my friends, here is a BRAND new one you may not have thought of!
If you are like me the name Brussels Sprouts brings childhood nightmares of a mama who ‘swung for the nutrition fences’ but often hit a foul ball, serving a yucky tasting veggies that had us begging for an early bedtime.
But don’t count this little nutrient dense gem out! Just like Cinderella needed a little help from the fairy Godmother, in this recipe, the Brussels’ fairy Godmother, (we’ll call her EVOO) comes come rescue of this humble Veggie by transforming it from a raw, crunchy, and bland servant girl to a crispy, salty, nutty, and sweet bell of the ball. That’s because Brussels have a lot of Vitamin K and other fat soluble Vitamins that will only release all their delicious vitamins and minerals in the presence of a healthy fat.
And the CB Supplements Collagen Infused Dressing, Arugula, Sunflower Seeds, Feta, Apple and act as the vehicle to get her to her Prince Charming in style!
- 4 cups Brussels Sprouts (ends trimmed and sliced into quarters)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 Scoops CB Supplements Grass Fed Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 Cups Arugula
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (diced)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss cut Brussels sprouts, with Olive Oil, Salt Pepper (i like to use a ziploc bag for this portion. It helps ensure an even mixing)
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper (it ensures items dont stick and makes clean up a breeze).
- Roast at 450°F until golden and just tender when pierced with tip of a knife, about 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Lemon Juice, Collagen (you likely want to dilute the collagen in water first. Simply add CB Supplements to warm water and stir, let sit for 30 seconds, stir let sit for 30 seconds and repeat until fully incorporated), vinegar, mustard, onion in a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until emulsified.
- Add sprouts and dressing and toss to coat.
- Transfer to platter; sprinkle with a few extra sunflower seeds.
Add a few pieces of Rotisserie Chicken to make it a fully meal!