Oh, Hello Fall….I’ve missed you!
I live in Orlando, Florida where about 10 months out of the year we live in a sweltering ball of heat and humidity. It’s why I normally cut my caffeine cravings with Iced Coffee, but this past week we had a couple days reprieve from the intense temperatures, and saw a sneak peek at fall.
Can we just take a sec and revel in the GLORY that is FALL? It’s so wonderfully wispy, windy, gives us a reason to wear long sleeves, snuggle up under blankets and with loved ones! It also gives cause to reason to sip on warm things that remind us of falls past.
The unseasonably cool days inspired me to try out some ideas for a caffeinated beverages that would create some NEW memories of warm healthy healing.
This Cinnamon Collagen Latte give you all the comfort of a traditional latte, without the sugary carb crash, and works to repair your gut! That’s because Collagen protein helps form connective tissue in the lining of the digestive system that effectively closes the holes in a leaky gut.
It’s been been shown to heal damaged cells in the intestinal tract by infusing essential amino acids found in the profile of collagen protein to the stomach lining (see side of the label of CB Supplements Collagen Protein for full amino acid profile found in collagen protein). * **
Caffeine takes 4-6 hours to leave your system, so if you go to bed before 10pm, try to drink it before 2/3pm so it doesn't disrupt your zzzzzzz’s.
*The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and our collagen product is not meant to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**Everybody is different. Some individuals will need 1 serving of collagen per day to notice a difference in their recovery, while other may need quadruple the amount. There is no silver bullet.
8 minutes (depending on how long it takes you coffee to brew)
- 1 Heaping Scoop CB Supplements Collagen Powder
- 8-12 oz Coffee, brewed/french pressed/Keurig’d
- 1/4 cup Coconut, cashew, or almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp Coconut oil (depending on Macro needs)
- ½-1 tsp Grass-fed butter or Ghee (for paleo/whole30)
- 4-8 drops English Toffee, Coconut, or Cinnamon Stevia (optional)
- Brew coffee via your preferred method.
- Combine 8-12oz coffee in a blender, all other ingredients in a blender, and blend on high for 10-20 seconds, or until creamy and frothy. (make sure you hold down the lid, the heat from the coffee may cause a loose blender top to fly off)
- Pour in you favorite coffee mug, sprinkle with a lil’ cinnamon for good measure and get ready to say ahhhhhh.
While this recipe is delightfully rich and delicious, it may still be a bit too bitter tasting if you’re not a Black coffee drinker. I added a few Stevia options at the bottom of the ingredients section that offer a mild sweetness that make it feel a little more indulgent.
If you don’t like butter (well..i’m sorry for you) but in all seriousness, if you prefer using all coconut oil, simply omit the butter add another ½-1 tsp.
Get more Collagen Recipes
I release about one new collagen recipe a week! Until next time.
Calories: 146 Protein: 7.4g Fat: 11g Carbs: 1.3g Fiber: 0.7g Net Carbs: 0.6g Sugar: 0.2g