AKA Super-Good-For-You-Hot-Chocolate? Yes please.
Did you know antioxidants in cacao exceed those in red wine and even green tea!?
This hot almond butter collagen cacao has the oh-so-delicious taste of Nutella but contains a lot more nutrients!
And when I say Cacao, I don’t mean commercial Cocoa. Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing unroasted cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cacao and removes the fat (cacao butter…also a super yummy decadent treat).
Commercial Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Commercial Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures, which changes the molecular structure, reducing the enzyme content of the cacao bean and lowering the overall nutritional value.
Cacao is high in magnesium, which can help to lower blood pressure and relax muscles post workout, and it provides theobromine, a bitter alkaloid that supports healthy serotonin level (hello happiness). The addition of CB Supplements Collagen provides the amino acids to help improve the health of you and your kiddos gut, tendons, hair, skin, and nails!
In short, as summer approaches you may have to crank up the AC and snuggle under a blanket, cuz this little cup of goodness will be a new family favorite all year long!
Makes 2 Cups
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (or a lighter (no-sugar added) version if you need to reduce calories)
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (not cocoa, cacao – ask your grocer where to find it)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (unsweetened/Roasted)
- 1 date, pitted or 5 drops English Toffee Stevia (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scoops CB Supplements Grass Fed Multi Collagen Protein Powder
- In a small pot, heat coconut milk and water to a low simmer on the stovetop, and slowly whisk in cacao and almond butter until well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add to blender along with date/stevia (if using) vanilla, and sea salt. Blend on high for 45 to 60 seconds until well incorporated. (You can also use an immersion blender directly in the put if you like, just make sure to submerge it before you turn it on!)
- Add CB Supplements Collagen and mix again for about 15 to 30 seconds.