Hold up, did you say BACON?!
I did boo. I did.
These poppers have not only been one of my personal favorites for evssss, but over the past few years I’ve been asked to bring them to every family and social gathering too! I think it’s mainly because they combine delicious salty bacon with a heat from peppers and are balanced with cooling cream cheese. Not to mention, they are super easy to pick up an eat. It’s like, the perfect bite!
Adding Collagen to this fan favorite was a NO BRAINER! I mean why not give these little guys an immunity-boosting PUNCTUATION of PROTEIN and COLLAGEN?
Did you know multi-collagen protein powder helps to strengthen the body’s immune system by lowering total inflammation and supporting the integrity of the gut, which is where the bacteria live that make up our immune system? (see Collagen Benefits)
When our gut lining (made primarily of collagen protein) is strong and properly functioning, the ‘good’ bacteria can better perform their job of destroying any pathogen that comes into our system. So making these little guys could help prevent your and your family from the onset of some common winter viruses!
The ONE thing I tell EVERYONE who attempts to make them is WEAR GLOVES thought out the process.
I speak from experience. No joke, the first year I made them I made about 50 and I didnt notice anything at first, but after about an hour, my hands started to BURN. After 2 hours they were sensitive to any heat, including the heat in my car. And please for the love of everything, don’t touch your face. The oils from the peppers are super painful.
If you don’t like a lot of spice you can scoop out all the seeds and inner membrane (the light colored flesh inside the jalapeno). BUT if you DO like spice (like me and my family) you’ll want to keep a bit of the membrane in there.
*if you cannot handle any heat for a medical condition, you can use these baby sweet peppers
- 12 Jalapenos, divided with seeds and membrane removed (see video in Recipe Tips below for quick instructions on how to do this. I keep the stem if I can, mainly because its more attractive when you do)
- 4 scoops CB Supplements Multi Collagen Powder
- 8 oz Whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 lb well-sourced Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line large baking sheet with Parchment Paper
- Open bacon package and cut slices into thirds (set aside)
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, Parmesan, CB Supplements Collagen, garlic powder, onion powder and mix with a large spoon until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag or piping bag. Snip tip, pipe cheese mixture into jalapeno halves (Cheese will expand when baking so don’t overfill them), and place on baking sheet.
- Lay center of ⅓ of bacon strip at a diagonal over the top of jalapeno and wrap ends around the top and bottom.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (or until bacon is cooked)
- Pull out, let cool slightly, sprinkle a little garlic powder and sea salt over the top, transfer to platter for serving and enjoy!
- Calories: 40
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Net Carbs: 0.8g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Some of the jalapenos may be bigger than others. In order to wrap the bigger ones effectively, you may need to pull and stretch the bacon strip a bit for it to go all the way around. (*for best results, wait until the bacon is closer to room temperature)
- Need a non-dairy alternative? You can sub Cream Cheese and Parmesan for an alternative Nut cheese like Kite Hill’s Almond Cream ‘Cheese’.
- If you aren’t a fan of Parmesan, you can opt for Monterey Jack, Feta or whatever other cheese you prefer.
- You can add a few ‘extras’ like chopped green onions, chives, cilantro for a prettier presentation or a little more flavor.
- If you are watching your fat intake, you can sub pork bacon for turkey, and/or instead of wrapping the jalapenos you can cook the bacon, crumble it up, and just add it to the top of them.
How to Seed Jalapeno Peppers (via MyRecipes.com)