Charlie had the pleasure of chatting with Kat and Landon, founders of Clean Juice, and the minds behind the weekly podcast, Be Organic. In the podcast, Charlie covers what collagen is (and isn’t) and answers some burning questions about how collagen stacks up against other proteins.
Per their website:
Founders Kat and Landon chat with top functional medicine doctors, holistic gurus, and health trendsetters on living your life organically, from your nutrition, lifestyle and wellness practices.
This episode is called The Ins + Outs of Collagen. If you know Charlie or anyone on the CB Team, you know we relish any opportunity to talk about the benefits of collagen peptide supplments. We’ll shout it from the rooftops 24/7, podcast or not! Whether you’ve learned the best way to take collagen in some form or another, or don’t even know what collagen is, we think you’ll learn something new in this conversation with Kat and Landon.
Here’s the show’s overview:
Listen & learn all about collagen – is it good for you? Bad for you? Supplements are not a quick fix-all. Start with food, diet, and then supplement if necessary. We’ve brought in Charlie Bailes, a husband, dad of 3, a crossfitter, a health nut, and most importantly – a collagen expert. We hope to tackle the ins & outs of collagen and how it could help you.
Thanks to Kat and Landon for the opportunity to chat about all things collagen. Here’s Charlie’s interview on Be Organic (see notes below for topics discussed):
Listen to the episode
- Why is collagen good, and why some might think it’s bad
- Collagen is not a silver bullet
- Collagen helps the digestive system, repairs connective tissue, & more
- How to find collagen outside of supplements (See: What Foods Contain Collagen?)
- How you know if you’re getting enough collagen
- Muscle soreness & collagen
- Collagen’s negative views
- If collagen breaks a fast (See: Does Collagen Break a Fast?)
- How collagen differs from hemp or whey protein (See: Collagen Protein vs Whey Protein, Anchorman Style!)