Tuesday nights aren’t just for Tacos!
Buffalo Chicken, onions, tomatoes, basil, on top of CB Supplements Collagen-Infused Cauliflower Flatbread!
I know. My mind was blown too. Legit if I saw these on the menu at a restaurant I would order them. Eat them! Tell my friends about them… And then go back the next day and order them again.
It’s essentially chicken I slow cooked in a pan, tossed in buffalo sauce (and actually threw in an extra scoop of collagen powder into the buffalo sauce), chopped up a little bit of an onion, tomato, basil, mozzarella, avocado and Parmesan and piled all of it on top of a collagen-cauliflower flatbread I have made two weeks prior and been storing in the freezer.
I just pulled them out and reheated them at 350° for about seven minutes, flip them out of the toppings on top and put them back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes and voila…straight up high-protein, low-carb, low glycemic, lean and Green deliciousness. (if you’re doing Paleo or whole 30 he could just leave off the cheese or find a plant substitute. 🙂
Health doesn’t have to look so boring. Or tasteless or colorless. We just need to rethink how we make things, in order make our bodies feel good!
From fresh 20-22 min, from frozen 10 min
This recipe makes 4-8 servings
- ½ Cup CB Supplements Grass Fed Multi Collagen Powder
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt
- 9×13 baking sheet
- Parchment paper or a non-stick silpat mat
Buffalo Chicken Toppings
- 1lb Cage Free Chicken chopped into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ Cup Pure Hot or Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp (+) 1 Tbsp Grassfed Butter
- ½ cup Red Onion, diced
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 1-2 Tbsp Fresh Basil or Spinach, ribboned
This recipe is super simple! So don’t overthink it!
I wouldn’t try it without parchment paper or a silpat mat. It makes flipping the flatbreads when baking a 100x easier annndddd you won’t have to worry about them sticking to the pan!
- Add 1 tbsp grassfed butter to medium heat pan
- Add chopped chicken to pan Note: The slower you cook this the more juicy and tender the chicken will be. (you can start this and moved the cauliflower crust while it’s cooking)
- Every few minutes toss the chicken around to be sure that all sides are cooked through. (6-8 min)
- Add buffalo sauce and 1 Tbsp butter to pan.
- Toss chicken around until evenly coated.
- Remove from heat so the chicken doesn’t become overly dry and Set aside for flatbreads
Collagen Cauliflower Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a 9×13 baking sheet pan with either parchment paper or a reusable silpat mat.
- Microwave (in bag or bowl) Cauliflower for 3-6 min (until tender) and let cool slightly.
- Place cooked cauliflower into food processor and pulse until fine like flour.
- Add cheese, eggs, and spices, and pulse until ‘dough- like’ consistency.
- Scoop out all the dough onto your parchment-linked baking sheet.
- Start from the center and carefully pat out the mixture across the whole pan. The thinner you make them the more crispy they will be. *be sure there are no holes, as it will mean your toppings will fall out…cuz…ya’ know…holes.)
- If freezing them for later, bake for 12 min. Remove, then cut into 6-8 (the number depends on the size Flatbread you want) And then let them cool and store between sheets of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag. To reheat just set the oven at 375 and cook for 4 min, flip add toppings and cook for another 4-5 or until ingredients are melted.
- If using them immediately, just cut as instructed above, flip them, add chickens, cheese, onions and tomatoes, and bake for another 4-5 min.
- Pull them out and let cool, add basil/spinach, Parmesan, and Avocado and serve!
For crispy your flatbread, when you remove the cauliflower from the microwave place it into a cheesecloth and drain the water. It takes a little extra time, but if crispiness is important to you, it will be worth it!
Flatbreads (6 servings)
- Calories 117 kcal
- Protein 15gl
- Carb 6.4g
- Fiber 3.4g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 3.7g