Warm Pumpkin/Spaghetti Squash Soup
Sweaters, Blankets, Bonfires...it’s fall y’all. And that means warm comforting soups and dishes that are more hearty than their Summer Cousins.
The problem is, sometimes we make things so ‘hearty’ with beans, pasta, rice, and bread that before we know it, we’ve become ‘hefty’....and by eating soup no less! Well not today!
The warmth in this dish comes from its spices and the decadent flavors of sweet pumpkin/spaghetti squash paired with luxurious coconut milk and spicy smoked turkey sausage. It’s balanced with Fiber, Fat, Protein and Greens! CB Supplements Collagen not only helps heal your gut for all those Holiday Hot Toddys you’ll be drinking, but it acts as a natural thickening agent, similar but to a lesser extent, like arrowroot powder.
This fall soup will keep you wonderfully full without unnecessary carbs or calories.
50-60 (spaghetti & pumpkin squash)
8 minutes sausage
15 minutes on stovetop
1.5 hours-2 hours
- 4 Scoops CB Supplements Collagen Powder
- 2 Cups Roasted Spaghetti Squash *see ‘how to video’ linked below
- 3 Cups Pumpkin, Roasted *see ‘how to’ video linked below
- 4 Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Can Full-Fat or Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, Minced (or ½ tbsp ground)
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Paprika
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Swerve Granular Sugar Alternative
- 1 cup Smoked Turkey Sausage, cooked and sliced into ½ in pieces
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, for taste
- Creme fraiche, or additional coconut milk
- Roasted Pumpkin or Pepe Seeds
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Roast spaghetti squash and pumpkin, and allow them to cool. Once cooled, scoop the insides and keep them in a bowl to the side. (See recipe notes for videos on how to roast them)
- In a saucepan add olive oil and heat to medium-high heat, add chopped sausages, cook, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, take a large pot (a Le Creuset or other cast iron dutch oven if you have one), heat olive oil to medium heat, add onions, and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes) add garlic and stir for about 2 more minutes.
- In a Blender, add 1 cup of bone broth and CB Supplements and blend for 15-30 seconds. This will ensure its fully incorporated and doesn't clump (Don't worry if it gets a little frothy, it will die down once added to the rest of the soup)
- Add chicken bone broth, coconut milk, spaghetti squash, and pumpkin, and Collagen/Bone Broth to pot. With a handheld blender, CAREFULLY, purée everything together. and sausage slices in to cook on medium heat.
- Add all spices and bring to a simmer, stir and and allow the soup become thick. (about 10 minutes)
- Add cooked smoked sausage, add any of the suggested garnishes and serve immediately.
If you don't have a handheld blender, no worries! Just purée the roasted pumpkin and squash in a blender, then add it to the saucepan along with the chicken bone broth.
Have no fear making this a day or two before you plan to serve it! It should keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. I made this soup one day prior to serving it, and it was AWESOME the second day!
Amp up the nutrient count, by adding a couple cups of Vitamin K Rich Kale to this recipe.
Video on how to roast a pumpkin:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3FM1wzT1g
Video on how to roast a spaghetti squash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJZ8DlqliE
Get more Collagen Recipes
I release about one new collagen recipe a week! Until next time.
Calories: 211 Protein: 20.6g Fat: 10.7g
Carbs: 12.4g Fiber: 1.5g Net Carbs: 10.9g Sugar: 3.3g