Many of us have tried plans like keto, paleo, whole30, which prescribe a reduction of carbs and sugar for the benefit of lowering our insulin levels and thereby reducing inflammation and water retention in our bodies. It’s awesome to feel better, but sometimessss a girl wants to eat a pancake but keep her pancreas happy too.
Well good news! CB Supplements has got you covered! These CB Supplement Collagen infused Tigernut pancakes pack a powerful protein and prebiotic punch that will keep your gut and bloodstream hummin’ like it was sippin’ a mint julep on a Georgian front porch in July!
So, you know what Collagen is, what the AF is a Tigernut anyway?
Well, it’s a root vegetable that’s super allergy-friendly because it’s neither a nut or a grain. It is a prebiotic, which is great because it helps feed the good bacteria in your tum tum, is high in protein, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins C and E. It’s low in carbs (19g per ¼ cup) but high in fiber (10g per ¼ cup) netting only 9g of carbs of digestion impacting carbs per ¼ cup. It gives you a nutty quality and is high in monounsaturated fats instead of omega-6s. That’s NUTS! (see what I did there?)
As far as cooking goes, Recipes generally turn out like “normal” flour, and according to bakers who blog, you can generally use a 1:1 ratio when adapting recipes with this flour. It has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor, so it is good for baking desserts because you can add less sugar (#winning). Also, it works well in combination with other flours and starches like almond or coconut flour, oats and CB Supplements Collagen Powder etc. And because Tigernut flour has a crunchy, sweet texture and flavor it is good in baking recipes like pie crusts and cookies, brownies or pancakes.Learn more about our Grass Fed Multi-Collagen Protein Powder.
2 whole Eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Tigernut Flour (you can find this on Amazon)
3 Tbsp CB Supplements Collagen Powder
3-4 Tbsp cup Swerve or 6-8 drops English Toffee Stevia
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Mix all wet ingredients together in medium sized bowl.
- In separate small bowl, add in all dry ingredients. Stir until combined well.
- Gradually whisk dry ingredients into egg mixture, until well combined and lump free. Set aside.
- Melt a small amount of fat (coconut oil/butter/ghee) in a frying pan on low heat.
- Drop 3-4 tbsp of batter into the center of pan.
- Wait until bubbles begin to form and then flip to the other side. (about 1-2 min)
- Let it cook for another 15-30 secs before removing from the pan.
- Repeat with remainder of batter, adding additional fat to the pan as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and some raspberries or sprinkle of powdered Swerve for some extra goodness!
See all our Collagen Recipes