Fri-yay Takeout? YES!
Who doesn’t like the familiar Friday night favorite, Chinese Takeout? Probably just the Chinese. I mean, it's like errry day fair for them right? But for the rest of us, it may be a weekly staple in our diets. The only problem is the way this cuisine is often made in America, is laden with LOTS of sugar, sodium, calories, carbs, msg and processed flours. It may mean happiness on your palate the first few bites, but as soon as your body starts trying to digest that firehose of energy it’s going to send out a MAYDAY signal that will cause it to protect itself through increased inflammation (ever feel bloated after you eat chinese?), and movement of the energy (cals/carbs/fat) into fat storage.
So, what's a guy/gal to do? Forgo Chinese Food? NO WAY! By making just a few modifications to the traditional recipe with alternative nutrient-rich or ingredients we get a recipe that is DELICIOUS, simple, satisfies that sweet and savory tooth, and keeps potential bloating at bay. Per serving you add 5g of protein, 19 Essential and save yourself 250 calories, 200g of sodium, and no joke, 70 CARBS!!!
See this recipe in action
About 2-4 Servings
The recipe calls for Chicken Breast, but your girl and Earthfare were out of them, and used boneless Chicken Thighs which worked really well too!
- 1 lb chicken breast , boneless and skinless (2 pieces, cubed)
- 4 Scoops CB supplements
- 1-2 TBSP almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Or Grassfed Butter (or a combination of both)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white or other clear vinegar)
- 3-4 tbsp Coconut Aminos (non-msg sub for soy sauce)
- 2-4packets of Monk Fruit, Stevia, or 1/4 Tbsp Swerve
- 1-2 tsp Pink Hymelian Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- *optional heat- 1-2 TBSP red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dust with Collagen & Almond Flour (thickens and makes sauce cling to it better!)
- Sear chicken, add EVOO or butter, garlic, vinegar, coconut Aminos, alternative sweetener.
- Simmer on Medium heat so the chicken doesn’t get tough or rubbery as it cooks, until the sauce thickens. Turn chicken often to coat in the amazing Mock-honey garlic sauce. And THAT’S IT!
- Pair it with some quick Cauliflower Rice in on the stovetop or microwave.
SUPER important. Dry and spread the Chicken Cubes out onto Parchment Paper and dust, flip and dust them with the Collagen, Almond Flour, Salt/Pepper Mixture. Don’t toss all the chicken in a bowl like you would with traditional flours. (you will end up with a sticky, globby mess)
Get more Collagen Recipes
I release about one new collagen recipe a week! Until next time.