What’s for Dinner?! How about FISH TACOS on homemade Collagen Cauliflower Tortillas!
Have you ever found yourself in front of your refrigerator thinking:
*what have I got?
*what can I make that’s healthy and quick?
*Uggggghhhh but NOT just another salad!
Well, that’s where I was earlier this week. As I looked around my kitchen and here’s what I had:
* Frozen flounder (it had to have been 4 months old)
* A big a&@ bag of cauliflower rice (this as a staple for me)
* Shredded cabbage (½ a bag after I I had used the other ½ in a chicken salad earlier in the week)
* A few tomatoes
* An onion
* A lime
* Last bits of some greek yogurt
I thought, ‘I can make fish tacos and Collagen-infused Cauliflower Rice Tortillas with this!!!!’ I headed downstairs to Earthfare to pick up some organic cilantro and cage-free eggs for my tortillas. While I was there I took a look at the pre-made tortilla options to see if any of them would rival the nutrition in my homemade cauliflower version.
I came close to getting an almond flour version from Siete Foods. They were 100 calories and 8g carbs per tortilla (which ain’t bad!) but they were $8.50 a pack. So, I decided to stick with my economical plan for making some homemade collagen infused 70 cal, 1.8net carb, 8g protein no-additional-cost to me tortillas. (*also, you can double the recipe and freeze a few for next time!)
There are SO many benefits to taking additional collagen. Everything from shiny hair, a quicker work-out recovery time, to a healthy gut. But in ADDITION those benefits, there are so many fun Culinary benefits too! Collagen has a ‘flour-like’ texture, minimal flavor. natural ‘binding’ qualities that make it a PERFECT ingredient in recipes like this one. It keeps the ingredients bound together without significantly increasing carbs or calories ! #blesssssss.
Give this one a try and let us know how it goes! Tag @CBSupplements and we’ll share your story!
View this post on Instagram
What’s for Dinner 🍽 ?! How about FISH 🐟 TACOS 🌮 on homemade Cauliflower Rice 🍚 Tortillas! Last night i looked in My fridge and thought: *what have I got *what can I make *how can i be creative *how can I use my @optavia #leanandgreen structure to feed my body well with well-sourced protein, healthy fats, greens and fiber. When I looked around the fried and pantry I saw that i had *one piece of frozen flounder *a big a&@ bag of cauliflower rice * @cbsupplements collagen powder *shredded cabbage left over from a chicken salad i made earlier in the week *a few 🍅 tomatoes *a onion *a lime *some greek yogurt I thought, i can make fish tacos and cauliflower rice tortillas with this!!!! I headed downstairs to @earthfare to pick up some organic cilantro and some eggs for my tortillas. While i was there I took a look at the pre-made tortilla options to see if any of them would rival the nutrition in my homemade cauliflower version. I came close to getting an almond flour version from Siete Foods. They were 100 calories and 8g carbs per tortilla (which ain’t bad!) but they were $8.50 a pack🤪 sooo decided to stick with my economical plan for making some homemade collagen infused 70 cal, 1.8net carb, 8g protein no additional cost to me tortillas. And I’m glad I did! It was FUN to spend a little time connecting with my food, use my hands, brain, and creativity to feed my body food that served it well, and save a few bucks in the process! We can do this y’all! I’ll be posting the recipe for the cauliflower rice tortillas and Greek Yogurt-Sriracha on the @cbsupplements website on Thursday. follow their gram to be notified when new recipes are posted! #tacos #healthyrecipes #weightloss #weightlossgoals #keto #paleo #fishtacos #homemade #cauliflowerrice #tortillas #optavia #healthcoach #healthy #healthyfood #weightlosscoach #weightlossinspiration #recipedevelopment #collagen #collagenprotein #collagenrecipes #collagenrecipes #whole30 #ketorecipes #paleorecipes
Collagen Cauliflower Tortillas (yields 16 small tortillas)
- ½ Cup CB Supplements Collagen Powder
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt
Fish for Tacos
- 2 lbs Flounder other White Flakey Fish
- 1 tsp Cumin, Cayanne, Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Salted Grassfed Butter
Fish Taco Toppings:
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 2 Medium Avocados (flesh cubed)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Diced Red Onion
- 4 oz Cotija Cheese
- 16 lime wedges for serving
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha Sauce (its hot y’all
- 1tsp Pink Hymalaian Salt (or to taste)
Collagen Cauliflower Tortillas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a baking sheet pan with either parchment paper or a reusable silpat mat.
- Microwave (in bag or bowl) Cauliflower for 3-6 min (until tender) and let cool slightly.
- Place cooked cauliflower into food processor and pulse until fine like flour.
- Add cheese, eggs, and spices, and pulse until ‘dough- like’ consistency.
- Scoop out ⅛ cup at time, place on parchment-linked baking sheet, carefully pat out circles the size of small tortillas. The thinner you make them the more crispy they will be. *be sure there are no holes, as it will mean your toppings will fall out...cuz...ya’ know...holes.)
- If freezing them for later, bake for 12 min. And then let them cool and store between two sheets of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag. To reheat just set the oven at 375 and cook for 4 min, add toppings and cook for another 4-5 or until ingredients are melted.
- If using them immediately, just flip them, and bake for another 4-5 min.
- Pull them out and let cool before using them for serving
- If cooking from frozen, thaw in a bath of warm water (5 min)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment In a small dish, mix cumin, cayenne, salt and black pepper sprinkle over both sides of fish.
- Add equal parts butter to top of fish
- Bake for 20-25 min
- Pull out, and let cool slightly, then tare or cut into small pieces for serving.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek Yogurt, Sriracha, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper until desired heat/saltiness is satisfied. ( i like it hot and a little on the salty side)
- Spoon into empty squeeze bottle with a tip, OR put in ziploc bag and snip the tip to drizzle your dizzle.
Start with fish, layer cabbage, onions, avocado, cilantro, and top with cheese, yogurt drizzle, and a squeeze of lime.
Looking for more collagen recipes? Check out all our Collagen Recipes.