Well, this is exciting.
We’re all about quality product and customer appreciation (see our Founding Pillars).
Offering premium grade multi collagen protein is and continues to be our core focus. If we don’t get our product right, well, ♫ Nothing Else Matters ♫, per Metallica. 🙂
We’re confident we’re offering the world a good thing, but, we still felt like we could up our game. Like, REALLY up our game.
So, what can we do?
- Better sourced ingredients? Possibly.
- Better customer service? Of course, always room for improvement, but no major fires need putting out.
- Get our hydrolyzed multi collagen validated by a third-party? YES! Let’s do it!
Cue: NSF Certified for Sport!
Who is NSF?
Manufacturers, regulators, and consumers look to NSF International for the development of public health standards and certification programs that help protect the world’s food, water, consumer products, and environment.
What is NSF Certified for Sport®?
NSF International’s Certified for Sport® program helps athletes make safer decisions when choosing sports supplements. They are deeply rooted in science and recognized as the “gold standard” in supplements that athletes take.
Here’s how they describe themselves on their website NSFSport.com:
NSF International is an independent and accredited non-governmental organization whose mission is to protect and improve global human health. We do this by leading the development of public health and safety standards and by testing and certifying products and systems to those standards.
MLB, NHL, and CFL clubs are permitted to provide and recommend only products that are Certified for Sport®. It’s also recommended by the NFL, PGA, LPGA, CCES, CPSDA, and many other sports organizations.
You can see a list of certified collagen products here. Boy, it sure does feel nice to see our product on that list! 💯
How does the Certification impact our products?
Pulled directly from NSFSport.com:
- Products do not contain any of the approximately 270+ substances banned by major athletic organizations
- The contents of the supplement actually match what is printed on the label
- There are no unsafe levels of contaminants in the tested products (heavy metals in collagen peptides, and all supplements, demands attention)
- The product is manufactured at a facility that is GMP registered and audited twice annually for quality and safety by NSF International
Basically, we’re now the cleanest multi collagen powder on the market!
Why did we decide to get our multi collagen NSF certified?
This is a BIG move for CB Supplements from a financial, product positioning, marketing, and sales perspective. We’ve been toying with the idea of NSF collagen certification since late 2019. We moved forward in March of 2020, and now the product is here.
Yes, we’ve been on this journey for 7 months.
Though the process has been long, and really much more grueling than we all thought (thank you pandemic), here’s why we stuck with it:
- Validate and improve our already premium unflavored multi collagen. We tout that we’re high quality, but why not let a 3rd party certify our collagen and thus prove it to us (and the world)?
- Be first MULTI collagen that is NSF Certified for Sport®. We’re big believers in collagen and collagen’s benefits. Collagen is a powerful supplement for athletes and collagen helps CrossFit athletes too. (Fun fact: myself and my two partners are CrossFitters — that’s how we all met!)
- Be the #1 multi collagen brand used by professional sports teams. Lofty goal? Sure. Do we think we can get there? Absolutely! This is a necessary and unequivocal step to forming those relationships — pro teams simply won’t have a serious conversation with you unless you have an NSF hydrolyzed collagen supplement.
What does this mean for our existing multi-collagen loving customers?
Not much, really.
This certification doesn’t change our:
- ingredients (we did switch our marine collagen from red snapper to tilapia)
- free shipping
- customer service
- create the best content around collagen via Collagen College™)
We know many of our current (and future) multi collagen customers don’t care or need us to be NSF Certified for Sport®. That “gold standard” isn’t something you seek in multi collagen. You trust our brand (which we are SO thankful for) and enjoy your collagen and coffee and continue to try our collagen recipes.
Cool. Onward we go!
All this certification means is that:
- You’ll have full confidence (if you didn’t already) in the quality of our product
- Our NSF certified collagen powder will be trusted and also taken by some of the best athletes in the world (cool, right?)
- You’ll see the NSF Certified Sport logo on our unflavored bottle
Important Note on this Product Certification
This certification is only for our unflavored multi collagen protein powder.
Two of our flavors (chocolate collagen and our vanilla collagen) will also be NSF Certified for Sport® in Summer of 2021. Simply look for the logo designating the certification when viewing our products.
As always, feel free to use the chat on our website (or send us a message if we’re offline), or Contact Us if you have any questions about this new certification CB Supplements boasts.
We’re over the moon excited! Thank you for sharing this journey with us.