Well, this is exciting.
We’re all about quality product and a quality customer experience (see our Founding Pillars).
Offering a premium multi collagen protein powder is, and continues to be, our core focus. If we don’t get that product right, nothing else matters.
We’re confident we’re offering the world a good thing, but, we still felt like we could up our game. Like, REALLY up our game.
So, what can we do?
- Better sourced ingredients? Possibly.
- Better customer service? Of course always room for improvement, but nothing glaring stands out.
- Get our hydrolyzed multi collagen validated by a third-party? YES! Let’s do it!
Cue: NSF Certified for Sport!
Who is NSF?
NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) is a third-party organization that ensures supplements (and also waster & food) are clean, drug-free, and of the highest quality. They are deeply rooted in science and recognized as the “gold standard” in supplements that athletes take.
Here’s how they describe themselves on their website NSFSport.com:
NSF International is an independent and accredited non-governmental organization whose mission is to protect and improve global human health. We do this by leading the development of public health and safety standards and by testing and certifying products and systems to those standards.
What is NSF Certified for Sport?
NSF International’s Certified for Sport® program helps athletes make safer decisions when choosing sports supplements.
MLB, NHL and CFL clubs are permitted to provide and recommend only products that are Certified for Sport®. It’s also recommended by the NFL, PGA, LPGA, CCES, CPSDA and many other sports organizations.
You can see a list of certified collagen products here (we’ll be listed there soon!)
What does the Certification mean for our customers?
Pulled directly from NSFSport.com:
- Products do not contain any of approximately 270+ substances banned by major athletic organizations
- The contents of the supplement actually match what is printed on the label
- There are no unsafe levels of contaminants in the tested products
- The product is manufactured at a facility that is GMP registered and audited twice annually for quality and safety by NSF International
Why did we decide to get our multi collagen NSF certified?
This is a BIG move for CB Supplements from a financial, product positioning, marketing, and sales perspective. We’ve been toying with the idea of NSF collagen certification for nearly a year.
Within the last 30 days, we made the critical decision. Here’s why:
- Validate and improve our already premium unflavored multi collagen. We tout that we’re high quality, but why not let a 3rd party certify our collagen and thus prove it to us (and the world)?
- Be first to market for a MULTI collagen that is NSF Certified for Sport®. We’re big believers in collagen and collagen’s benefits. Collagen is a powerful supplement for athletes and collagen helps CrossFit athletes too. (Fun fact: myself and my two partners are CrossFitters — that’s how we all met!)
- Be the #1 collagen brand used by professional sport teams. Lofty goal? Sure. Do we think we can get there? Absolutely! This is a necessary and unequivocal step to forming those relationships — pro teams simply won’t have a serious conversation with you unless you have a NSF hydrolyzed collagen supplement.
What does this mean for our existing multi-collagen loving customers?
Not much, really.
This certification doesn’t change our:
- customer service
- goal of creating the most accurate information around collagen (see our Collagen Blog)
We know many of our current (and future) multi collagen customers don’t care or need us to be NSF Certified for Sport®. That “gold standard” isn’t something you seek in multi collagen. You trust our brand (which we are SO thankful for) and enjoy your collagen and coffee and continue to try our collagen recipes.
Cool. Onward we go!
All this certification means is that:
- You’ll have full confidence (if you didn’t already) in the quality of our product
- Our NSF certified collagen powder will be trusted and also taken by some of the best athletes in the world (cool, right?)
- You’ll see the “NSF Certified Sport” logo on our bottle once they start shipping (see below)
When will we be stocked with NSF Certified Multi Collagen?
We’re working with our manufacturer currently perfecting the formula and will also need to collaborate with NSF the organization to go through their normal certification process.
Aside from our website, we’ll also provide updates on the CB Supplements Instagram.
As always, feel free to use the chat on our website (or send us a message if we’re offline), or Contact Us if you have any questions about this new certification CB Supplements is undertaking.
We’re over the moon excited! Thank you for sharing this journey with us.